How Local Communities Can Support the My Orphans Project
The My Orphans project is a humanitarian initiative aimed toward helping orphans in Afghanistan, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan and even the United States of America. This project is maintained entirely through volunteer efforts and 100% of all donations go to the orphans.
There are many ways local volunteers can support this project, including taking the initiative to work on ideas that they believe will be beneficial in their local communities. Some ideas on how to support this noble cause include, but are not limited to, the following:
Perhaps the simplest and easiest way volunteers can support this project is to forward email announcements that are sent frequently by My Orphans. An occasional email reminder to friends, colleagues, and community members can go a long way. Volunteers can also share these announcements through their social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
The above are just a few ideas and the possibilities for our esteemed, bright volunteers are endless. My Orphans welcomes all suggestions.
Interacting with the Community
- Power point presentation: (Coming Soon)
- Documentaries and video clips
- Reward Certificates: (Coming Soon)
When volunteers collect pledges or donations, the following procedure should be followed:
- Obtain a receipt book that includes a duplicate carbon copy. (These can be readily obtained at Staples or any major Office supply store). Volunteers must issue a receipt to the donors immediately, listing all details of the donor such as the full name, phone number, email, and mailing address.
- Please contact email@example.com for information on how to handle cash and check contributions and financial institution information. Make sure that you have a copy of all checks and money orders, and a copy of bank deposit slips.
- Once the first two steps are completed, volunteers must send all the paperwork to the My Orphans Accounting Department as follows:
- By Postal Mail
- By Email: Scan all documents, then email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once all the paperwork has been reviewed and processed, an official electronic receipt from My Orphans will be sent to every donor.
Adhering to the aim and goals of My Orphans, please document your activities with any available tools such as photography, video, and voice recordings, then post them on the social media network of your choice. You may send all media to email@example.com with a short report to be posted on the website.
Needless to say, the best and most important appreciation is given by the Almighty (swt) and His Holy Prophet (pbuh & hf). In addition, the My Orphans project would like to offer a Certificate of Appreciation to all those who participate in this noble project.